My Counters

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Wow! I've been busy today!

Today has been one of the MOST productive days off I have had in a long long time. I got up around 9:30, went to JoAnn's got some rotary pinking blades for my rotary cutter, a pair of pinking scissors, a pack of 4 different sewing scissors, then a plastic ruler thing, all for 40% off they were having on their cutting tools. I got the tools so I could cut out Bandanas for the dogs that are groomed. I ended up cutting out about 10 yards of fabric! Then I made hubby breakfast, did some laundry, went to the post office, came home and have been doing 'crisis' cleaning mode from Flylady (15 min in a room, then move onto the next room for 15 min, then another for 15 min then take a 15 min break). I'm on my 3rd rotation right now (6:00pm) and WOW lemme just say I am AMAZED at what you can accomplish in just 15 minutes. It gets so overwhelming trying to do one room all at once which is why I just give up a lot of times before I start. This method is SO much easier. I think I may get the house in shape for Rob's friends to come over next Sunday....without killing myself trying to get al the cleaning done. YEAH!

Not to mention that I've made dinner easy tonight...we have a Corned Beef in the crockpot (from St. Patricks day...since we didn't get it before, we still wanted to have it), and are going to be having cabbage and potatoes with it. YUMMY! It's cooking as we speak, so no back breaking work over dinner, and it's diet friendly! Anyways back to work I go!

Update as of 7:45pm, I've gotten 2 bathrooms completely cleaned except the shower/bathtub, the kitchen counters cleaned off, the stove cleaned, the microwave cleaned, all the dishes done, the entry way cleaned, and vacuumed, I 've done 4 loads of laudry today, just have to put them away now. Needless to say I'm exhausted and going to go pamper myself with a bubble bath. Can definitely tell I got my exercise in today.

1 comment:

TitansFan said...

Well done! I'm lucky if I can clean my master bedroom let alone my bathroom. I have a Steam Shower that takes 2 minutes to clean but I always end up watchin TV. So it takes at least a half hour. I need to learn to just turn on the radio.