My Counters

Monday, March 23, 2009

Beliefs Dictate your Behavior


This goes along with a challenge over on C2L that starts today, I will edit this post more later, I'm off to the Dr with my hubby. For an update on my hubby please visit: http://robnheather.blogspot.com/2009/03/spent-day-at-drs-wrob-today.html

This is from my Lean for Life Rite Aid diet daily motivation:

Do you truly believe that you can achieve your weight loss goal and maintain it for the rest of your life? Did you know that your beliefs dictate your behavior?

These are two very important questions to ask yourself. When you believe in your ability to succeed, you begin to create the behavior and circumstances that then create your success.

Pay attention to the things you think and say about yourself. Negative, limiting thoughts and comments are a roadblock to your success.

How do you stop these negative thoughts? One way is by reciting positive affirmations every day. Affirmations are powerful tools to help counteract your negative beliefs and create positive results. What is your affirmation for today?

Choose your favorite affirmation. Write it on your daily action plan, and display it wherever you will see it often. When you catch yourself thinking those negative thoughts, replace them with your positive affirmation. This may feel strange at first—you may even feel a little silly—but stick with it. Your mind is powerful and it believes what you tell it. Need some help creating an affirmation? Feel free to use this one.

Today's Affirmation:
"I am lean, beautiful and healthy!"

I know I have a HARD time with negative thoughts as that was how I was brought up, I love my mom dearly but she was a 'nag' and not always the most positive person around. One of my favorite all time quotes is "Whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't...You're Right" How true is that? If we dont' think we will ever lose the weight how depressing would that be? VERY if you ask me, if we don't think we can live without our "Diet Coke" then it must be true, right? I am a hard core Diet Coke addict, ALTHOUGH I have done extremely well limiting myself to 3-4, I know I should give it up, but all in all there are A LOT worse things I could be addicted to. I am going to try hard to work on my 'negative' voices, and try to right things down as I think them so I can transform them into something positive.

No comments: