My Counters

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sleeping?

This is from my 'daily motivation' from Rite Aid's weight loss/Lindora:

This may sound like an odd question to ask you during a weight loss challenge, but how are you sleeping? You might not realize it, but proper SLEEP is essential for success on your weight loss program.

Lack of sleep can actually increase your appetite and your desire for carbohydrates. Feeling tired can lower your motivation to make healthy food choices and stick to your program. Sleep is also the time when the brain replenishes its supply of ''feel good'' chemicals. Results of a study published in the medical journal The Lancet show that sleep deprivation causes changes in metabolism and hormone functioning, which can affect how the body burns and stores fat.

Maybe that's my problem, I generally get 5 hours of sleep if that, sometimes 4, because I don't go to bed early enough. I guess it is something that I need to work on.

1 comment:

One Pretty Little Box said...

I do really good for sleep when we are in school. It is like this week (Spring Break) and summer that throws me! I tend to stay up later ~ to get some quiet ME uniterrupted time. I will work on this come summer. ( I generally get right at 8hours of sleep ~ and feel good when I do.)