My Counters

Sunday, March 15, 2009

No more Diet Coke for me...

Today is day 3 without Diet Coke! I am doing good, today I didn't even reach for one. I got sick last night because of pills I'm on and it carried over somewhat this morning, so hubby let me sleep in till about noon. We only get to see each other on Sundays basically, and for maybe 1-2 hours at night (he gets home at 10:00pm), I have to be up for work at 5am, so yah, I don't get a lot of sleep all the time. Anyways we spent the day snuggling, loving each other and watching movies...what a way to spend the day :)

I have decided I need to spend more time focused on me. I need to 'get back' to the things that really matter in life, and not spending all my time in front of the computer or t.v. unless of course I am doing something constructive. It is amazing the technology we have today, being able to communicate with our friends, family and others through the internet, being able to learn things through the internet, I think we tend to take it for granted. Hubby and I were talking about that after we watched "My Favorite Wife" a Black & White movie with Cary Grant. We were saying how we feel that God allowed these things to be invented so that we could better ourselves, improve our minds, bodies, spirits etc with them, yet so often they are not used appropriately.

I have a room full of scrapbook supplies that are calling my name so don't be surprised if I start posting some of my creations :). Anyways overall it's been a good weekend, I've stayed on plan, drank my water, exercised, and the big one...NO DIET COKES! YEAH!

1 comment:

One Pretty Little Box said...

I am right there with ya Heather. Life is too precious to watch it go by sitting in front of the computer, living through everyone else. Kudos to you! :)

Have a blessed week and I can't wait to see what you create!