My Counters

Friday, March 20, 2009

Sacrifices or Investments?

This quote came through one of my chihuahua yahoo groups today as the Today's Inspirational Quote:

You will come to know that what appears today to be a sacrifice will prove instead to be the greatest investment that you will ever make." --Gordon B. Hinckley

Wow can that be applied to weight loss or what? We are making sacrifices by eating healthier, avoiding junk food, spending time at the gym, or at home exercising, maybe not going to our 'favorite' restaurants. Whether you'd like to admit it or not, weight loss is a HUGE sacrifice, and how true is it that it will be the greatest investment we will ever make? I know for me my weight loss is going to help control my asthma better, my joints won't ache as much, and my PCOS will be under better control...hopefully one day allowing me to get pregnant and have kids. As for my husband he is more 'morbidly' obese, and losing weight is going to help him in so many ways: Blood Pressure, Asthma, Joints, Sleep Apnea (hopefully). If he doesn't lose weight he may end up dying at a younger age.

As for today, I woke up over an hour late, so was an hour late to work...thank goodness someone else opens as well today so it was okay. I groomed 4 dogs today, got a $15 tip from one of them so that made my day go. I had to stop in the middle of the grooming to assist with a cesarian on a Boston Terrier, 4 pups, those are always fun and exciting. Owner shows her dogs and works in NICU up at the university hospital, so she's always on top of things and helps us too. Had to groom a 16 year old shihtzu who isn't in the best of shape, she has really bad arthritis, fights me on everything, bites when you try to do her face, had a seizure on the table from stress...It's sad as I've known this dog her entire life, but she is getting to the point where her owners are gonna have to face a tough decision, which she doesn't want to in the least bit, she wants her just to die in her sleep.

Rob (my hubby) texted me earlier today, apparantly they got the orders for his oxygen, and they were so worried about his low levels (which they won't tell us just how low they are until we see the Dr on Monday) that they tried calling then were just going to come to our house 'just in case' they could catch him so he can start on the oxygen ASAP. SCARY! Thank goodness he was late to work because he was making hamburger gravy for their baked potato pot luck they had tonight. So they were able to catch him at home and get the machine all set up. Rob is a little freaked out, and said that if I wasn't going for the pot luck, he'd have me come for his lunch so I could hold him and love him better. I'm scared out of my mind, he could have died on me if they are that low that they are making it a priority/emergency, they called over 6 times this morning trying to get a hold of him but he was sleeping. Golly...now I'm crying...again

Oh and I left early from work to go to Rob's potluck, showered was ready to go, walked out the door, had my purse sunglasses, shut the door which was locked...CRAP no keys! I don't recall a time when I have EVER done that. We don't have spare keys as our landlord had them stamped Do Not Duplicate....so Rob had to come and open the house for me so I could get my keys and go to his work for the potluck. BTW Rob works about 25 minutes away :P Good thing he loves me!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Heather, I'm so sorry to hear about Rob needing the oxygen! Does he only have to use it when he's sleeping? You are so right about the sacrifices being an investment....great quote! Hang in there kiddo, it's going to get better!

Andrea