My Counters

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Ouchie! Ouchie!

My poor sweet kitty! I had just finished sweeping up my kitchen with a new 'vacuum' broom that we got on clearance and was trying to figure out how to empty it, I pushed the button thinking it was attached and off came the bottom of the broom, falling and hitting my sweet kitty, Mini Dee in the head, she was sleeping in a bed under the kitchen table. So she climbed out of bed, and walked over, I picked her up to console her, well..Mini Dee has something called Cerebral Hypoplasia so gets freaked out easily. So I picked her up to give her a hug, and she wigged out biting my pinky finger pretty badly. It's probably 1/2" long, by about 1/8" or more deep but is a flap so not really 'stitchable', it just hurts like HECK! So I was freaking out, bawling hysterically, hubby kept a cool head. I tend to wig out in situations like that. He called my dad to 'verify' what he needed to do. Telling me that "You can take the girl away from the dad, but you can't take the dad out of the girl" cause I'm Daddy, co-dependent :) I just trust my dad, it's not that I don't trust my hubby because I do. My hubby tells me I have to call my dad to 'verify' things that he tells me. My dad is a Veterinarian, so I get a lot of health advice from him. It is the same pinkie finger that I'm going to the Doctor on Monday for so should prove to be interesting.....we have it bandaged and then have a tongue depressor under it to keep it stiff as every time I bend my finger it reopens...bleeding.

My kitty is okay, she just has a bit of a 'goose' egg on her noggen. :) Hubby is taking care of me though....he's making Low Carb Spaghetti with homemade meatballs for dinner...although to give him more credit, he was working on dinner...before I got injured.

No comments: