My Counters

Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Subliminal Messages

I think every one of us who has ever gone on a diet, plays the 'psych' game and gets the subliminal messages from your conscious. For example, I am now on Lean For Life (Lower Carb) and have done EXTREMELY well so far, all things considered, well tonight after I got home from work, I had a couple protein snacks (cheese, and a hotdog), and was watching TV, and I was still hungry (hadn't eaten dinner yet), so my mind start's telling me "A little bag of popcorn won't hurt, those M&M's won't hurt......ARGH! So after fighting the 'subconscious' for a while, and drinking lots of water, I decided I better cook some dinner :) So I had some Peanut Ginger Marinated Kielbasa and Meatballs. YUMMO!

Glad I won this time, I more often than not, give in to my cravings and end up eating the Popcorn, M&M's or whatever else my mind is telling me to eat at the moment.

How do you overcome those 'messages?' from your conscious? What helps you out? What cal,s your hunger?

No comments: