My Counters

Friday, February 20, 2009

Self Sabotage

Why do we do this to ourselves? I worked my 10 hour day yesterday, came home was munchie so I made me a bag of 100 Calorie popcorn which would have fit in my 'carb' limit for the day, EXCEPT that only made me hungrier so what do I grab? Red Vines and Sunchips! ARGH! I do this to myself more often than not and I am SICK SICK SICK of it! I need to quit doing that and just grab healthier snacks. It's not like I don't have them in the fridge WAITING for me...they are saying "Eat Me, Eat Me!" ARGH! Anyways that's my gripe for the day. I had a yummy 'chef/california cobb' salad for lunch today. Salad Greens, Hardboiled Egg, Olives, Almonds, Sunflower Seeds, Bacon, Tuna Fish....it was really good and hit the spot. I am a salad lover though, I don't have a problem eating salads with my meals. It's one of my favorite foods. The possibilities are endless as well which is always nice. There are so many things that you can add to salads. When I go to buffets I eat salads first, usually end up filling up on a nice healthy green salad with lots of yummy fixins.

1 comment:

One Pretty Little Box said...

I completely understand! I too love salads. MMM loaded!