My Counters

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Two Frogs


Two frogs fell into a deep cream bowl,

One was an optimistic soul;
But the other took the gloomy view,
“We shall drown,” he cried, without more ado.
So with a last despairing cry,
He flung up his legs and he said, “Goodbye.”

Quoth the other frog with a merry grin,
“I can’t get out, but I won’t give in.
I’ll just swim ’round till my strength is spent,
Then will I die the more content.”

Bravely he swam till it would seem
His struggles began to churn the cream
On the top of the butter at last he stopped,
And out of the bowl he gaily hopped.
What of the moral? ‘Tis easily found
If you can’t hop out, keep swimming ’round.

My sister Jennifer sent this poem to me while I was on my religious mission in West Virginia/Virginia. I was having a tough time. I have a magnet that she made on my fridge that basically says, if you can't get out, don't give in, keep swimming 'round'. So many times on my weight loss journey, I get so discouraged as I'm not seeing the results I would like, or worse even though I'm doing everything right I'm gaining weight. UGH! I was reminded of this poem this morning as I was trying to decide what to eat for breakfast. It was so tempting to be like the gloomy frog and just have crap, but I decided I'm not giving in, I must keep swimming 'round! I'll get to the top, I'll get to my goal, no matter how slowly I go...I'll get there :)

3 comments:

One Pretty Little Box said...

You will get there! DAy by day, moment by moment step by step.

Chubby Chick said...

I LOVE this story! Keep swimmin', girl! That cream is turning to butter! :)

Annalisa@Gracie'sGarden said...

SO GOOD! Love this story. Thanks.