My Counters

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

If my body were a car

IF MY BODY WERE A CAR

If my body were a car, this is the time I would be thinking about trading it in for a newer model. I've got bumps and dents and scratches in my finish and my paint job is getting a little dull .... But that's not the worst of it.My headlights are out of focus and it's especially hard to see things up close.

My traction is not as graceful as it once was. I slip and slide and skid and bump into things even in the best of weather. My whitewalls are stained with varicose veins.

It takes me hours to reach my maximum speed. My fuel rate burns inefficiently.

But here's the worst of it --

Almost every time I sneeze, cough or sputter..... Either my radiator leaks or my exhaust backfires

2 comments:

AnotherLinda said...

My name is Linda S Amstutz and I am the author of IF MY BODY WERE A CAR. If you enjoyed this humor essay, then please read more of my humor at http://anotherlinda.blogspot.com

Rhonda said...

Hey,
Just joined your challenge FNF by Fall so I'm reading your journey! Love this!!

That is so me!