My Counters

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

August 5, 2008

I've decided I'm going to change my 'goal' weight. I found a neat website: http://www.healthcentral.com/diet-exercise/ideal-body-weight-3146-143.html
That helps you calculate based on 'frame' size.

Calculate Your Ideal Body Weight

For years, people looked up their weight on tables drawn from insurance company statistics. While those are still around, this is a newer, more accurate way to calculate what is truly a healthy weight range for you.

Ideal weight range is 136 - 149.6 lbs. (61.8 - 68 kg.).
You are overweight by 79.4 lbs. (36 kg.).
You may wish to consult with your physician for medical help.

How is Ideal Weight Determined?


Your ideal weight range-- 136 - 149.6 lbs. (61.8 - 68 kg.). --is based on a formula that calculates what a healthy weight is for most people of your height (65 inches) and frame size (Medium).

So I've decided that I will try and get down to the 'high' weight. My lowest weight before was about 170# and I still had some extra 'flab' so this is probably more accurate.

No comments: