My Counters

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My new Adventure

I have begun an new adventure on my path to health and fitness, and I am really excited about it. It is called the "Vice Busting Diet" http://www.vicebustingdiet.com
I am on day 2 today and am really excited about it. It is more of a 'change the way you think' type of plan by taking your 'vices' and replacing them with healthy habits. You can sign up for free and get access to sound clips, an E-Book, a couple of workbooks etc all for free! Or there is a book available. You also have a daily affirmation that you read out loud twice a day
"I believe in my ability to improve my health, my attitude and my life. I am worthy of the best that life has to offer and today I have the opportunity to get closer to realizing my dreams and goals."

Anyways I am going to be sharing some of the things I will be doing in the workbook as well as how I am doing on giving up my vices....bet you can't guess my first vice to go will be "Diet Coke" while not as bad as regular coke, I am addicted and the caffeine isn't that good for my body!

Anyways here is excerpts from Day 1
This week's goal is to be 'busting' soft drinks. Todays goals are to get several water bottles and always have a water bottle with you when you leave the house, pop tops are the best as they are the easiest to get water from. You should have a water bottle within reach at all times in the bedroom, at your office, in the car, wherever. I like how it's not focusing on what you're eating or exercise, but will be getting to that....it's all about making SLOW changes over time, so as not to get discouraged or overwhelmed with losing weight. I LOVE IT!

Todays Actions:
Step 1: Carry & Drink from a water bottle throughout the day...everyday!
List 10 Adjectives that you feel now descrbies yourself"
1- Fat 2- Ugly 3- Miserable 4- Disgusting 5- Lazy 6- Compassionate 7- Caring 8- Crafty 9- Loving 10- Chunky
These are mostly words that describe my BODY not ME. You have to start choosing your words wisely, for what you say about yourself is a reflection of what you think of yourself. In this we are going to be changing our thoughts to believe in ourself and our abilities.
Now 10 Adjectives that would positively describe ME:
1- Compassionate 2- Caring 3- Crafty 4- Loving 5- Fun 6- Helpful 7- Sharing 8- Considerate 9- Beautiful 10- Bright
The mindset is that your body does not have to be a reflection of the person YOU are.

Now mind you, I am making changes along the way by exercising and eating better foods, so I am doing that.

What was positive about today? Finding The Vice Busting Diet, realizing that my body doesn't have to describe who I am, made me feel better about myself. I also exercised today, although my body is achy and I can feel the difference in the front of my thighs and calves, but it is a good feeling to know I am working to improve myself.

What one or two things can I do tomorrow to make it a more positive day? Remember who I am, and that I am worth it, Find projects at work to stay busy :-)

PM AFFIRMATION: "I am thankful for today and the chance I had to improve my life. I forgive myself for any shortcomings I may have had, and I look forward to the opportunity that tomorrow brings to take action toward my goals."

No comments: