My Counters

Friday, June 25, 2010

Achieving My Destiny.....

Weight: Down! Will post once a week on Wednesdays :-)
Breakfast: Bagel w/cream cheese, banana
Snack: Turkey Hot Dog, 1 slice Velveeta Cheese
Lunch: Grilled Chicken Salad, Cucumbers, Cheese, Light Ranch Dressing
Snack: Cucumber slices, 2 Slices Velveeta Cheese
Dinner: Stroganoff, Corn, Garden Salad
Water: Yep got it all in and then some!
Exercise: Zumba 20 Minute Express

"Your Destiny will be achieved when you plan your journey!" Julia Griggs Harvey
I really like that quote, as how can you know where you are going if you don't plan it? Just like you need a road map to go on a trip, you need a roadmap for your dieting journey. My #1 Vice right now is probably Diet Coke w/splenda, and you may be thinking, well it's diet so that's okay....well in moderation maybe....but I drink 6 cans a day, which is way too much for the caffeine part. So that is my #1 Vice I am going to be working on replacing Diet Coke w/Water, so far so good...only had 1 can today. Rather than trying to change everything about me overnight, I am taking this one step at a time, one action at a time...I really like that philosophy. I know in the past I have failed miserably at dieting and weight loss because I try to bite off more than I can chew. I am also starting to create a vision of things to come....not just the weight loss but how I will feel and act, and the things I will do when I lose the weight. You don't have to have the perfect body to start visualizing who you want to become. I did struggle a little today with doing the exercise....I had a very long day at work, groomed incredibly hard huge dogs, and was just beat....but I can't start making up excuses in week 1 so I did exercise.

1 comment:

Dr Eric Berg said...

great post. gives us ideas on how to manage weight loss easily. hope to see more tips and ideas from you. good luck and God Bless.