My Counters

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Low Carb Pancakes (Pork Rhinds)

Ewww...gross was the comment my hubby made when I told him I wanted to try them...my curiousity got the best of me and I made them tonight, they aren't half bad...actually I like them better than regular pancakes (I have to be in a 'mood' for pancakes to actually enjoy them). They puff up just like regular pancakes and to me are more 'moist' they have a nice flavor. Here's my picture:


Low-Carb Pancakes (Pork Rinds)


(1 serving) Printable Version
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup HEAVY Cream
  • 1/2 of a 3-oz bag of unflavored pork rinds
  • 3 packets of Splenda (or other sugar alternative)
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 dash nutmeg
Crumble pork rinds until they resemble bread crumbs.

In a seperate bowl, beat eggs until frothy then add remaining ingredients and continue to beat until well mixed. Add pork rinds to the egg/cream mixture and set aside for 5 minutes to allow batter to thicken.

Cook on a lightly greased skillet as you would any pancake recipe. Drop batter on surface large spoonfulls. Cook until each side is lightly browned.

Serve with butter and a low-carb store bought syrup. Or for an interesting low-carb topping, mix 1 Tablespoon of sugar-free jam with 1 and 1/2 Tablespoons water and microwave for 45 seconds.


These pork rinds are surprisingly low in fat and have zero carbs. They may sound pretty crazy, but these little pancakes are fantastic! For more low-carb recipes try Mr Breakfast's Low-Carb Breakfast Index.

No comments: