My Counters

Friday, October 2, 2009

I have a drinking problem......

Water that is! (no alcohol for me) Today this is what I drank:


32 Oz Water w/cranberry energy powder stuff
52 Oz Bubba Keg, Ice Water
52 Oz Bubba Keg, Ice Water
32 Oz Water w/strawberry energy powder stuff
33.81 Oz (1 Liter) Coke Zero
20 Oz of Diet Sunkist

Which totals to be 221.81 Oz and I'm not even done for the day, it's only 8pm and I am usually awake till about 11pm! I do not feel water logged or bloated or anything, so what gives? I know about 104oz were consumed on my drive home from work (it took 1 hour 45 minutes due to a BYU Football game...unfortunately I live about 20 miles North of BYU..average speed on the freeway 20mph UGH from about 40 miles away from the stadium! And I got home 45 Minutes AFTER the game started...sorry just my rant). So you can imagine...I was about to pee myself when I got home, had to park, run in and pee then unload the furkids. LOL. I have a Dr's appt on the 12th to discuss side effects of the Neurontin I'm on (seriously feel like I'm having an out of body experience when I take it....yet I've been on it for 5+ years...it's just recent), so I am planning on discussing it with him to see what he thinks. I do know that drinking Diet Coke increases thirst, so that may come into play, however I did not consume that much (for me) diet coke today.

From what I have read I should be drinking about 102.5oz of water per day (1/2oz per pound), what do you do if you are still thirsty after drinking that much water? How do you curb drinking too much?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL... now you will be up all night peeing...

One Pretty Little Box said...

Honestly I drink about the same amount per body weight, and I do get up at least once if not twice during my slumber to potty. I hate it, but I go right back to sleep pretty easy, so it doesn't seem to bother me too much. Once your body gets used to having a good amount of water, and after it does it's job of some serious flushing, the extra urination should subside some. Also, it always helps to drink the bulk of your water in the early part of the day.